Monday, April 24, 2006

Welcome venukb.com

As mentioned in my previous blog, I moved my blog to wordpress. However later I found that the functionality provided in wordpress.com was very limited compared to functionaly provided by wordpress.org.

In wordpress.com, your blog is hosted free by Wordpress (like Blogger), but you cannot add extra themes or plugins. You can only select from the one's provided by wordpress. So in order to use the full functionality of wordpress you need to host it on your own server. From many days I was thinking of registering a domain. However the "cost" factor made me think many times.

So I decided to bear the "cost" and registered my own domain

www.venukb.com

Also I have used wordpress.org to host my blog www.venukb.com/blog

The setup of the site was pretty easy, the details of which will be posted soon :)

So go ahead and explore www.venukb.com , and don't forget to give your feedback.