Thursday, January 19, 2006

Photo sharing sites

Finally i decided to upload my digi cam photos to the internet. The motivation for this came from the unlimited broadband access i took from airtel. So I began searching for a good photo sharing portal. First I uploaded all the photos to www.flickr.com. However later I realized that in order to create more than 3 albums I had to pay money :-((27$/year). Also there was a download limit/month in the basic version. So I switched to kodakgallery. However in this kodakgallery sharing of photos is a pain. You need to invite friends while sharing the photos. I liked the flickr way of sharing where you just set a name and you have a dedicated url to view the photos like www.flickr.com/photos/venu_priya Next I need to check up snapfish and yahoo photos (Incidentally flickr has also been bought by yahoo !)